Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Committed!

Hello! This is it! I WILL blog. The main reason I've started this blog is to have a place our family can come check out new pics and keep up with Nick and I. So here goes.....Baby news, the baby is coming along beautifully! My belly keeps growing and growing. I'm finally starting to get asked when I'm due and have random people reach out to touch my belly, which oddly enough I haven't minded...mainly because when I see a pregnant person ALL I want to do is touch their belly, knowing that life is contained there is amazing to me. She kicks and kicks and kicks these days. I love just lying down and watching my belly move!!

The room is in the finally stages...I promise to post pics tomorrow for all to see. It's so cute and I can't wait to have her in it!

Well keep coming around, I promise to blog, and post pics of the baby girl when she arrives.....OH, and here's a little tidbit of info....her name is Lindsay Blake Barker. It's my middle name and Nick's middle name. We will call her Blake :)

2 comments:

Ree said...

I love the name for baby girl Barker! But here's something to think about -- a kid will always be called by their first name in school, at least until the teacher and anyone else is corrected a dozen times. Take it from me and Mike, who go by our middle names. It can be a hassle! Even any offical form requires first name, middle initial, last name. We made sure our kids' first names were the names we were going to call them. Just something to think about...
Rennie

Jennie said...

I am going to echo the above comment. The only advice I was given on naming my child by my grandmother (dad's mother) was be sure that the first name is what you go by. My dad is called by his middle name and he and my grandmother both said it was a hassle. Again, just something to think about. But I love both names and that you combined a part of yours and Nick's name. Oh, and a big welcome to the world of blogger! I have already linked you to my blog. :)