Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Good bye to a friend...

It's taken me a while to really be ready to post this on our blog..but it needs to be done.

On June 9th we lost our dear friend, Benson.  I don't want to get into the details on here, but he went comfortably with Nick and I holding him close to us.

Nick and I got Benson together when we first became serious.  He was the sweetest little pup, full of energy and love. When Nick moved to Texas to take a job and I stayed in Arkansas awaiting our wedding, Nick brought Benson with him.  Nick said he couldn't have made it in a new place so far from home without such a loyal friend with him. 

I remember being told when I was pregnant with Blake that we would never look at our dog the same after we had a child...and while there is truth to that it make me laugh remembering just an hour after Blake was born Nick looking at me and saying "I still love Bubba." 

He was here to welcome each of our sweet babies home.

It's true he had started to change as he got older, we dubbed him "the grumpy old man" but he had earned it putting up with this crazy family for over a decade.  I will remember him as our sweet, happy, energetic (and yes barking) dog that was so loyal to us.  My one regret (not knowing he would get sick so suddenly) was not making him a juicy hamburger and letting him have the whole thing just for himself. 

To to pay proper tribute, enjoy some of the pictures documenting our
11 1/2 years with Benson "Bubba" Barker.

















6 comments:

NB said...

Love you Bubba! We miss you!

Jennie said...

We will miss Benson too. That picture of him with the girls is so sweet! Man our girls are getting so big and changing so fast.

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry about benson! Love you guys!

emily anna said...

Wish I knew what to say. I know it must be so hard. We love you guys. PS I read your whole blog today! ;)

Ree said...

I have a huge lump in my throat, so sorry about Benson. Our dogs are our children, too. No doubt. And they are our children's best friends. Their unconditional love is amazing!

LOREN said...

Nick and Sarah!
I am so sorry to hear about Benson! I loved him so much when I got to spend time with him! I teared up just reading about him, then there was the picture of Sarah Benson and I....then I couldn't hold it in any longer! He was very VERY loved and I'm so sorry to hear the news, but he is in puppy heaven chasing kitties and playing ball with all of our other loved puppies who have left us behind! I miss you guys like crazy, your girls look BEAUTIFUL!