Wednesday, April 10, 2013


March 29, 2013

Dear Kate,

My goodness how time flies!  Today you turned 3 years old.  I can’t help but smile to myself just thinking of you!   Remembering you as a dark haired precious baby that loved the be snuggled up inside her sleeping wrap. And now you are a bright blonde, blue eyed, rambunctious girl that does not like to be still for long (unless there’s a movie and some popcorn). 

Some fun facts about you. 

We moved since you turned two, so now you share a room with your sister.  You two begged for bunk beds and to share a room, even though we now have space for you guys to each have your own!  Not only do you share a room, but you both sleep on the bottom bunk so you can be close to each other. 

You love your friends.  Little Cora is your best friend this year.  You two are little pistols together!  You are in the same preschool class and I’m sure give your teachers a run for their money! 

We still keep piggy around.  You aren’t as attached as were last year, but you still love her and want her for bed time. (A big change from me driving frantic over town with a crying child last year when we couldn’t find her!!)

You love church and preschool.  You are so outgoing.  I took you up to the hospital last week to visit the unit where I work.  You were all smiles and charm, introducing yourself to everyone. 

Your favorite foods are cheese (we won’t get into your gastrointestinal issues that make this a real issue for Mommy), pizza, apples, pancakes, strawberries, boiled eggs, and green smoothies, aka: shrek smoothies. Oh and you want chocolate milk all day every day.

Your favorite shows is Wild Kratts.

You still let me pick out your clothes without a fight (God knew I couldn’t fight two kids every morning!)

You started gymnastics recently.  I just watch you and giggle.  You’ve really caught on and are SO cute out there. The other day your teacher told you to put your arms up by your ears while you jumped....so you covered your ears with your hands and jumped the length of the trampoline :)

You and sissy love the trampoline, you are out there every day doing tricks and jumping.  We walk to the park and you’ve started riding your little tricycle all by yourself. 

Our new house has lots of neighbors and friends to play with, but I think your favorite it our neighbor-cat Snickers.  You chase him and would gladly take him as your own.  You really love all animals.  No dog or cat is safe from a hug from you.  Daddy set you up an aquarium in your room and so every night we sit for a while and watch the fish eat. 

You’ve recently become more attached to me.  You’ll admit that you are now Mommy’s girl.  You love to curl up on my lap and have time just me and you.  We like to read or watch TV together.  You also like to be in the kitched with me when I cook and in the bathroomwith me while I get ready in the mornings. 

You are quirky and funny with a personality all your own.  I can’t imagine life without our little Katie-Kate.  Even while I write this you just came up behind me to “scare” me with giggles and smiles. 

Oh Kate, you are my joy.   I ask the Lord for wisdom to guide your adventurous spirit, and for the grace to mother you in the ways you deserve. 

Remember Jesus, Kate. No matter what, remember Jesus.  He is real.  He loves you.  He wants you to know him. 

All my Love,

Mommy

0 comments: