Saturday, February 9, 2008

OH MY....

For Christmas I had received a gift certificate for a massage....very generous...and since Christmas I had been looking forward to this hour of relaxation and pampering. I knew my Mom and Grandmother were coming for a visit, so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to leave Blake with them and be pampered. So off I go, the establishment had 4 different people to chose from, so I randomly chose. Everything looks great, it's a relaxing room with music, candels, all the good stuff. So I get ready, lay down and proceeded to be tortured for the next 60 minutes.

I spent the first 10 minutes trying to figure out if this would be the best or worst massage of my life. I reasoned it away thinking "Maybe all the other massages were too gentle and this is what it's supposed to be like." I quickly realized it wasn't. I prayed for it to go by faster, every minute crawling by so slowly. .this man massaged like he was ANGRY at the world...i was pulled, pushed, beaten upon. Have you ever seen the episode of friends where Ross has to act like he knows how to give a massage when Phoebe doesn't show up, it was kinda like that. He pushed so hard on the TOP of my feet, ouch!! I wanted to reach up and hit him...but I always feel like I can't move or show any emotion in situations like that...so I lay there for 60 whole minutes miserable.

during the massage he actually said "sorry" 4 times, and called me "Suzie" twice....then "Susan" when I was leaving.

The kicker is when he asked how i enjoyed it i told him i was very relaxed and thank you, and gave him a $10 tip. Never again! I will speak up if I am uncomfortable! I will! I will take the advice I would give a friend and SPEAK UP!!!

2 comments:

emily anna said...

I know how you feel...That is how every massage I have ever gotten has been! I have never understood why people enjoy them so much?! Next time you should just get a pedicure (and I'll come with you!).
:)

Jennie said...

LOL...you need to go to the lady I see, she is great. And she is good about asking if she is pressing too hard or not. Sorry you had such a miserable experience...both you AND Emily need to visit Sherry at Angel's Touch...she is fabulous.