Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you guys had a great holiday!

We thought we were going to have a very laid back 4th of July just hanging out at the house, but at  the last minute we were invited to go to a few friends house and I'm so glad we did. We swam and just hung out and had an amazing dinner.  

Trevor showing Blake the horse and the puppy.






Enjoying the Horse with Daddy.


Fun in the Sun!!  






In other news...... Blake has TWO teeth, here they are, not the best picture (she is still shy with her teeth), but if you look hard you can see them, they are on the bottom front.


Just on a side note, I never knew motherhood could be so amazing.  I LOVE IT.  I love every minute of it, really I do. I love when she's sweet and give me kisses, I love to feed her, to sing "God made the round, round sun"  to her and watch her smile, I love changing her diaper and she's trying to roll over for dear life, I love seeing my family and friends interact with her,I love laying her down for naps, I love walking in and seeing her HUGE grin when her nap is over, I love taking her for walks, I love taking her to swim, I love watching her crawl and try to get into things she shouldn't, I love playing patty-cake with her, I love when she sighs when she finishes crying.

I love when I've folded clothes and she just wants to play in them, I love how
she lays her head on me when the sun is bright in her eyes.  I love her brown eyes, I love coming home for work and her letting out a squeal when she sees me, I love getting up at 6:30 and having some sweet morning time just me and her, I love giving her baths, I love picking out her cute outfits, I love seeing my parents faces light up when they see her, I love taking her picture, I love watching her chase Benson, I love how she loves Nick and I and will reach for us.  I love how she watches other kids with amazement, I love that I KNOW how to take care of her and what she wants and what she needs more than anyone else.   I couldn't make it without her now, and
I thank God over and over and over for the amazing gift of Blake.  


3 comments:

Jennie said...

I feel the same way about Lane. Looks like ya'll had a great holiday.

Redican's Resources said...

That's what it is supposed to feel like:) Being a mom is hard work, but the love that grows from day to day is amazing. If that is the amount of love you feel from just one child, just imagine what God must feel for ALL of us!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I look forward to getting on the computer and see how much Blake is growing. And how much you and Nick love each other and Blake. It is a mothers one wish in life that their children find someone that will love and cherish their children as much as they do. And I believe that you are the person that God put here to be with Nick and I thank him everyday, and I thank him for Blake.