Monday, November 24, 2008

Marathon Blog

There has been so many random things lately, I thought I would post as much as I can remember in this one big blog.

Here are a few more birthday party pictures.

Opening presents with daddy (thanks jodi!)

Blake's "smash" cake

Enjoying her cake

Heading up for a bath after cake time...this is her new favorite thing...to put her hands out and say "Waaaasss daaat???" so precious.

A fun new toy, this has already been used so much!

Claire and Blake playing in the back yard

Nick and Blake went for a quick trip to Akransas so Nick could hunt.  Blake spent the time with her Grammie and PaPaw.

Reading books with PaPaw

This picture cracks me up

While they were gone I worked way to much (in my opinion :)  I had a absolutely INSANE 17 hour shift on Thursday. I actually cried while giving report that night.  It was horrible. I had two patients code within 3 hours of each other...not good.  They both made it through that night though.  I am so thankful to have a job with the kind of flexibility and hours that nursing offers me, but I would also like a job that I knew what each day might hold.  With nursing, you never know. 

I took Blake for her one year check up today...everything looks good.  I don't have the numbers in front of me but I remember she is > 95 % for height.  The doctor kept saying "She's going to be very tall."   Which I love.  She had 4 shots and had to have her finger pricked so they could run her hemoglobin.  She handled it like a pro.  And as always, the doctor was impressed with what a smart, happy baby she is :)  I'm so proud of her...She's doing so many new things.

I snuck my camera in a got a few pics of us waiting for the dr.   Isn't her hair getting long?

Her "Was dat??" look.

Our trip home, can you find the yellow bandaids?  There are three.

1 comments:

Ree said...

Ronnie holding Blake and reading to her - wow! Grandparenting agrees with him! We so enjoyed Sunday with Nick and Blake, though we missed you. Blake is so pleasant and easy to be around, and she looks so much like you! We hated for Sunday lunch to end because they had to leave, but it was a lovely day.