Monday, January 12, 2009

Update on Blake

Many of you know Blake has been sick the past several days.  We spent Saturday at the urgent care clinic because she had a high fever (104.4 at the highest)...it was a traumatic day for her (and Nick and I) but we made it through.   They swabbed her for the flu and that was negative.  Her pediatrician today said he thinks what she has is viral, but we are still waiting to see if the urine/blood cultures show any growth.If it does then they will treat her with more antibiotics.  Being on the other side of the health care system makes me realize how helpless family members must feel when they are in these situations...it also confirms that I do NOT have what it would take to work in pediatrics... She has continued to have fever but atleast today she took some milk and actually wanted a few bites of dinner.  She has slept most of the last few days, either asleep or half asleep laying on Mommy or Daddy.  We know she will be back to herself before long.  Thanks for you prayers.

Love,

Sarah

4 comments:

emily anna said...

Still praying for y'all... call if you need anything!

Jennie said...

These girls just need to get healthy already! I'm sorry that Blake is sick...I know how you feel. Let me know if you need anything...dinner, maybe?

Ree said...

Thanks for the update; we were very worried. I remember Julia had a 'fever virus' when she was very young; it lasted several days and was awful. Take care and love y'all.

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Blake. Let me know ANYTHING you need!
We will be praying for her.
Love you guys!