Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Catcing Up

Thank you all for your prayers for Elaine.  I was able to see her Sunday. She is still in good spirits though her health continues to decline.  The plan right now is to get her to a long term care facility.  

-----------------------------

We went to Arkansas last week to see my new neice, Layla.  It was a rough week for my sisters new family.  Layla had to be admited overnight to monitor her jaundice.  Clint (my bro in law) had to go to the ER and get fluids because he was vomiting and dehydrated, then had to stay away from the baby for a few days.  Then, my sister woke up bleeding and had to go to the hospital for surgery to stop the bleeding.  They are getting setteled in now, but it's been a rough start.  Blake was great with Layla, and even saying "Lala" by the end of our first day, but wanted NOTHING to do with me holding the baby.  It made me anxious that she is so jealous when I would hold Layla.  Several of our friends have babies on the way so I am hoping to expose her to more babies so that someday she will be ready for a little brother or sister. Below is a pic of Blake holding Layla, Layla is blurred out until I get permission to post her picture.  Where there's a will there's a way :)

 

And a few random phone pictures..



Blake and Grammie.

--------------------------------------

I got a stupid "camera" ticket in the mail this week.  Nick got a big kick out of it, as he is usually the one getting tickets.  It says I ran a red light but in the picture I'm clearly turning right at a red light which is perfectly legal!!! rrrrrrrrrrr.  So do I file for a hearing, find a babysitter, and go try to fight it, or pay the stinkin' $75 and forget about the injustice??? Let me know what you think.  

---------------------------------------

Please be praying for one of my closest friends, Emily.  I don't want to post details without permission, but she is sick in the hospital.   The Lord is faithful and the prayers of His people are heard, so please lift her up as often as you can.  

2 comments:

Jennie said...

i say fight the ticket...don't let "the man" beat you down. Thanks for listening yesterday, I really needed to vent.

Jodi said...

I'd fight the ticket