Sunday, April 19, 2009

Update

I wanted to give you all a quick update on Elaine, she went to be with Jesus about 4 a.m. Saturday morning.  All the nurses on our unit talked about how wonderful she was and how she is just one of those patients you never forget.  Thank you all for your prayers, I spoke to the nurse that took care of her and she said Elaine was surrounded by family and it was a very peaceful time.  

In the book she gave me she had a few hand-written papers she scribbled on, I don't know if these are verses, or were just inspiration to her but this is what she wrote:

Shut the mouths of lions that have come against my flock.

There will be no sickly or afflicted among you.

I never created a sick flock, my flock hears my voice and heeds to it.

Rejoice, Rejoice, Rejoice saith God.

2 comments:

Ree said...

I obviously didn't know her, yet because of your posts, I feel I knew her a little. And I weep for the ones left behind and for her suffering, but rejoice for her new home! Thanks for sharing Elaine with me.

Jennie said...

Those are Bible verses. It definitely sounds like Elaine led her life by example...just like you, sweet friend. She armed herself with God's word and is already enjoying the great reward that comes with that faith.