Friday, May 15, 2009

18 Month Checkup

We went to see Dr. Davis again today.  Blake's ears aren't that much better so he's changing her antibiotic to a stronger one,  hopefully she will be feeling better in a few days.  

Here are the numbers

Height 34.5 inches (95th percentile)

Weight 24.4 pounds (25-50th percentile)

Yesterday I worked and Nick was feeling sick too so he stayed home with Blake.  I guess she had done okay for him (still fussy, but ok)....UNTIL I got home, oh my goodness....I've never in my life seen her so fussy/mad/frustrated/whiney.  She wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. That is the first time something like that has happened with us and I took it pretty hard, how could my baby that I love more than life not want me?  After a few hours of this I decdided to get out of the house and just try to focus on something else so I went to Walmart and did a little grocery shopping.  (Thanks Nick).  This morning she's back to her "I love Mommy" self.  Thank goodness.  I'm sure it's all from the pain from her ears, but man it's hard.

On a happier note, how many of you know this  little guy? 

He is all the rage at our house.  Blake probably says "El-MO" 50 times in a day.  We try to watch Sesame Street but when Grover or Cookie Monster comes on she yells for Elmo to come back. Even her Elmo DVD doesn't have quite enough Elmo in it for her.  So welcome to the family Elmo, I think you are a keeper!

Blake and her friend Lane will be going to swimming lessons starting in a few weeks. Here are the girls last summer "swimming"...I'm sure the lessons this year will have more water.

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Man, Lane was a roly-poly back then. How funny!