Monday, May 25, 2009

The Drama Continues.....

I can honestly say the past few weeks have been very trying for me.  

Saturday morning we woke up (Nick had been gone a full week and just gotten home late Friday night) and Blake had what we thought were little bites on her, probablly around 15 all together.  Nick and I were so freaked out.  We were thinking something had gotten in her bed and bitten her.  We got creams and all sorts of stuff from Walgreens to put on them, stripped her room and bedding just in case there was a bug or something in there.  We gave her a little Benadryl and put her down for a nap.

When she woke up she looked like this.

 Huge splotches ALL over.  On her face, arms, legs, but concentrated to her knees, elbows, and wrists.  My parent had gotten here that morning (a 6 hour trip for them), but we knew we had to pack Blake up and take her to the urgent care clinic.  The doctor said it just looked like an allergic reaction, to what we have no idea (which to me is the really scarey part).  I've never been terribly concerned with allergic reactions, she's had peanut butter and strawberries, pretty much everything and never had any kind of reaction.  

Anyway, she's on streoids and whoping doses of Benadryl to try to get this reaction under control. It still looks pretty bad and she is definately miserable.  She's puffy and swollen and feels just like she looks. I feel so bad that my parents came all this way for a sick baby (though they say over and over to quit feeling bad).  

I would love to post a LONG blog of complaining and whining from my end, but I'm kind of on the verge of tears and don't want to go full out in to a sob so I won't.  I'll just say being a parent comes with so much anxiety and worry, I daily give it to God, but it's no easy thing. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! I know how mom's want to "fix" things, and this one you just have to wait out. I hope you figure out what caused it, and I hope she gets better soon. Love bunches~ Nancy

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry Sarah.
I was complaining to you once about a situation with Bri and you said it's better for the Mom to worry about things than the child. Because God has created you to handle certain things and that's why babies have mama's. So, you will get through it. I think she was probably allergic to the antibiotics. Give her lots of love and attention and just work when she's asleep. Love you!!!

Sarah Lou said...

Thanks you guys. Nancy, can't wait to see you this weekend and spend some time together.
Jodi, I love you, you're the best friend a girl could have :)