Monday, April 19, 2010

Baby Shower

About a week before Kate arrived I had a wonderful baby shower. My best friend (Jodi) and sister in law (Lindsay) threw it for me.  It was so fun having friends and family over for the evening. I'm always blown away by the generosity of those I love.  

Here are a few of the gifts we got:

A sit and stand double stroller, modeled by Blake.

A handmade carseat cover from my incredibly crafty friend, Jennie.

And here was my BIG suprise!  I knew there was some kind of "project" in the works for the last few months, but I had no idea what it was.  My sis-in law Lindsay put SO MUCH love and time and energy into this project it blew me away.  Below is a picture of a quilt that has pieces of fabric from almost everyone who is anyone in my life.  From close friends to grandparents to Blake and Nick, they are all represented here.  I was so overwhelmed, then to make it BETTER, she mad a scrap book that also had a piece of each fabric with handwritten notes from each owner.  I was a blubbering mess (who can blame me!?) and barely got through reading each page.  It's a quilt for Kate, but I'm being pretty picky with it right now, no spit up please!!  I will cherish this quilt and scrap book forever, and someday Kate can look back and see a real glimpse of my life through the fabric and words of those we love.  

Nick used a piece of a T Shirt that he wore ALL the time when we started dating. For Blake there was a piece of her Elmo pajamas (which I had been looking for!).  For Lindsay she gave a piece of her wedding dress.  From my Mom was a piece of bedding from when I was younger.  From my brother was a piece from an elementary school t shirt. I could go on and on...THANK YOU to Lindsay first for working so hard and making me feel so special and thanks to all of you who took the time and effort to make this quilt such a blessing to me.  


and here is the cake and food, sooo yummy.

If all THAT weren't enough, I had one more suprise that weekend. My Mom and Aunt Shelia had planned on coming from Arkansas to Texas for Kate's baby shower. I was so glad they could come, but really wanted my cousin Rachel there. I knew she had a 4 month old and that her days off at work were slim because she had just gotten back from maternity leave, so I completely understood when she couldn't come all the way to Texas just for a shower. Long story short, I hear my Mom get in at midnight that Thursday, walk down stairs and there was my cousin Rachel with her daughter Kinley (whom I hadn't got to meet yet). I was beyond excited, I don't know if I've ever been so suprised, and a little shocked that no one spilled the beans (we are not known for being tight-lipped in my family :) We had a wonderful weekend and I got to spend a little time with Baby Kinley.

Kinley and I

Sweet Kinley

Kinley and Blake

3 comments:

Ree said...

The quilt is awesome, love that idea! Sounds like a wonderful time.

Jennie said...

yea baby shower! you are quickly catching up...look at you go. See you tonight!

Unknown said...

So glad you are back blogging again! Bri and I will try to come visit this week. Love you guys!