Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Kate is 2!

March 29, 2012

Dear Kate,

You are now officially a two year old!  We just celebrated you with a big birthday with lots of friends.  You had a Piggy cake, a bounce house and an Egg hunt!  You actually had FOUR parties this year!  We traveled to Arkansas last week to see all our family.  Nana and Papa, Grammie and Papaw, and Grandma and Grandpa EACH had you a party!  That’s a lot of getting “Happy Birthday” sung to you and lots and lots of cake and cupcakes!   You had a great time in Arkansas.  You really love your grandparents and all your cousins.    

As I write this you and Blake are playing in Blake’s room trying to avoid a nap time.  It’s funny how well you two play together when a nap time is looming. 

You love to sing, mostly twinkle twinkle little star, but there is a song I sing to you at bed time. It goes like this:

“Think of me every day.

Hold tight to what I say,

Then I’ll be close to you even from far away.

Know that wherever you are

It is never too far

If you think of me I’ll be with you.”

I hope you remember this song when you’re older.  I’ve loved singing it to you every night.

Just recently you started climbing out of your crib.  For two years you have been a fantastic sleeper, but I’m afraid that is no longer the case.  You dread being laid down and immediately climb out of your crib.  It’s been a learning process for our whole family!  Recently I rock you a little longer, then stand by your crib a few minutes in hopes you will drift to sleep. 

You are so excited to come find us when you wake up in the morning.  You’ll say “I out!!”It’s hard to be angry that you are up earlier than usual when you are so proud of yourself. 

You love babies.  You like to tickle them and play with their toes. 

You have the cutest little “Phoebe from Friends” run: arms flying, big grin across your face.  This has also led to lots and lots of scraped knees but you don’t really mind. 

You make new friends everywhere you go.  You are very outgoing. 

You still LOVE piggy.  She is a big part of our day!  She’s getting a bit tattered but you don’t mind.  You like to pretend Piggy is crying and comfort her, or pretend she needs a snack and let her have some of yours.   You even like ME to comfort Piggy if she is upset. 

Your favorite books are “Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom” , “How does a Dinosaur say I Love You?” and anything Sandra Boyton. 

Your favorite show is Blue’s Clues with Dora in a close second.

Your favorite drink is chocolate milk.

Your favorite food is cheese or anything sweet.

Beside me, Daddy and Blake your favorite person is your Uncle Baus.  You ask for him so much and just light up when he is around. 

You are SO confident in your colors, but are rarely correct! I’ll ask you what a color is and you will instantly shoot back “Green!!” when the object is red.  It makes me laugh every time.  Who knows if you really know it’s red and just like making me laugh.

Being your Mommy is so much fun.  We have a great time taking walks, coloring, going to the park and cooking in the kitchen.  It amazes me how much I love you. 

As always, I hope you know how much love the Lord has for you.  He has been right by you since you were even this young.  I have seen his hand of protection and provision work in your life already.  Remember Him, Kate.  Remember how He loves you.  Don’t let the world tell you He’s not real or doesn’t care about you, because He does.  He will be the only sure constant in you r life.  Lean heavily on Him. 

I love you to the moon and back.

All my love,

Mommy




1 comments:

Jodi said...

Beautiful little girls!
I think it's time you have another one :)
Love you!