Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pumpkin Patch 2013

I think I'm posting this for the one, maybe two people that still come check my blog.  Without google reader I'll admit I don't check anyone's anymore either.  But, since I'm on day 9 of my Facebook fast, where else am I supposed to share pictures?

Blake is loving kindergarten.  She has a teacher that is just perfect for her, and Blake raves about how nice and smart she is.   Having the right teacher makes all the difference in the world and I'm so so thankful we've been blessed with a good match.  Blake came home last week saying

"Mom!  Did you know Mrs. T requested all the best students in all of kindergarten and she got them!?"  Isn't that the sweetest?  She builds their confidence and has taught Blake so much more than I could (Blake + me + learning to read = tears) 

I admit I didn't know teachers worked as hard as they do.  I knew they worked hard, but man they work hard. I'm excited to start volunteering in Blake's class on Thursdays.  Do you know how much I would need to be paid to teach 21 5 year olds to read????  Infinity, that's how much.

So, with how great kindergarten has been we decided Blake needed a day off!  We are on week 7 and haven't had to miss any school (praise the Lord!).  So today we took a break and went to the pumpkin patch, hello no crowds!  With me working Fridays and Saturdays then church Sundays I've really been missing taking the girls to do things just for fun.    I can remember my Mom letting me skip school every once in a while to have a fun day.  I think we'll keep up the tradition. 

So here's a few shots of our day.














And here is the precious bedding my wonderful grandma made for baby, I love it!!


Things seem to be coming together, I think it's more my heart that has to prepare more than anything else when it comes to having a baby.  It's the strangest thing....knowing how much you love your kids and how that's about to start fresh with a whole new little family member.  And in case you're wondering, there IS a name :)  Whether we choose to tell before she's born is undecided...but she has a name.  Initials CRB.  Happy guessing!!

1 comments:

Ree said...

Cute bedding!

It looked like a very fun day. I have always taken the kids out of school every once in a great while, just to have a fun, together day. It's easier to do in elementary school, for sure. Like our camping trips, I still arrange for Julia to miss a Friday, we just have to plan ahead with the teachers.

Much love,
Rennie