Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blake's 6 year letter


January 22, 2014

Dear Blake,

Yes, you turned six back in November.  I really had hoped to write you a letter then, but it’s probably good I waited because now I can include your newest little sister in this letter! 

But first, let’s talk about you as a six year old!  You get up and go to school like a champ.  Our first few months you really didn’t want to get up and go in the mornings, but then Daddy gave you an ipod where you can set an alarm for yourself, so now you come down dressed and ready for the day each morning. 

You are responsible and independent.  This summer we did a summer challenge where you could earn points with different activities.  You earned enough to get the hamster you so badly wanted.  And truth be told I put it off a few months actually getting you that hamster…but you didn’t give me a hard time about it.  So now we have “Angel Mia Hammy Hambone” , that’s just one hamster, but we can’t ever decide on a name so any of those will suffice.  You are able to clean her cage with just a little help.  Though you rarely want to clean it, you will if reminded.  This summer we also went to Sea World and you rode the biggest roller coaster they had!!  I wish I could’ve rode it with you, but I was pregnant with Chloe and you can’t ride roller coasters pregnant. 

Your favorite shows right now are Teen Beach movie (sigh) and Wild Kratts.  You’ll often tell me random animal facts because you learned them from Wild Kratts. 

You and Kate sleep in the same room, you have two twin beds next to each other.   Every single night you talk Daddy into laying with you guys until you fall asleep, and truth be told Daddy often falls asleep too. 

You can read!!!  I love to read, so seeing you read is awesome.  We are reading through your kids story bible right now.  Last night you said you want to finish because you think if we read the whole bible Jesus will come back.  You pray with an ease that shows me you really do believe in God and know he loves us.  You ask him to be Daddy’s friend, and thank him for everything he’s done for us. 

January 1st we welcomed your little sister, Chloe Ryan.  I was scared to tell you I was pregnant because you had always said you didn’t want me to have any more babies.  I know you said that because you were scared for me to be in the hospital away from you when I gave birth.  You actually cried (in sadness) when we told you I was pregnant.  But you quickly became excited.  You are an amazing big sister, just like I knew you would be.  You love to hold Chloe. Each afternoon after school you snuggle up in the chair and watch TV with her.  You love to “hold her standing up” and you can even change diapers! 

You really enjoy having kid neighbors.  Caitlyn stayed with us this summer and you had the best time.  We have Zach, Ben, Kinsley, Ainsley, Carter, Chase, Caleb and Summer as neighbors.  You love to ride your bike (no training wheels for you!), and skate outside.  We got you a motorized scooter for Christmas and ride it like a champ! 

You have an amazing kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Trautman.  I hope you remember her well.  She is so kind and patient and just the perfect fit for your first teacher.  It’s a highlight of my day picking you up from school and hearing about what your day has been like. 

I wish I could put into words exactly how much I love you and what I would sacrifice and do for your wellbeing.  You are pure joy to me and I absolutely love spending time with you.  Thank you for being the amazing kid you are. Thank you for not being jealous of little sisters that need my attention. 

I pray you would keep your soft heart that loves the Lord. 

Love you more than you can imagine,

Mommy

0 comments: