Friday, August 8, 2008

Phew!!

I finished painting the kitchen, so everyone needs to come over and admire my painting skills.  I never want to paint again, but I bought enough paint to re-do the living area, so maybe in a few years I'll be motivated to work on it :)

Last week I had to worst day in my professional career that I have ever had . A doctor was completely rude and horrible to me.  I cried at work (SO embarassing), I cried on the way home and I cried that night. The story would take to long to tell here and it would have to include way too much medical terminology, BUT why I am mentioning  it is to say that my manager completely stood up for me and I LOVE her for it.  She always does and I couldn't ask to work under someone better.  The down side is I will probably have to face said DR this weekend.  I am NOT looking forward to that.  So keep me in mind that IF I have to work with him that I will be calm and controlled and professional.  

Blake had a new sitter this week and it worked out great. Grace is a family friend and  will be staying with Blake Thursdays this Month so I don't have to pull all weekend shifts (I don't think I could bear it!!)  Nick stays here and Grace comes and plays with Blake so Nick can work from home.  I'm thinking working one day a week sounds just right.....maybe someday not too far from now.  I'll keep praying..  In other news, Blake took THREE steps in a row!  She's going to be walking around here so soon :)

After getting advice from some friends of ours, we have started doing "pack n play time". It is sooo nice!  For 30 minutes after she eats in the morning and afternoon she just plays in her pack n play.  It is in the living room so I can see her and she can see me.  I put plenty of toys in and she plays great by herself.  This gives me a chance to have breakfast/lunch and get ready for the day.  I highly recommend it!

Here are some pictures from this week.


Playing with Lexi


Morning Playtime


Blake in her new overalls

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Hoory for getting ready in the morning and eating breakfast. I am glad the new sitter is working out, although I have missed seeing Blake on Thursdays and I know Lane has missed playing with her.

Anonymous said...

I remember "pack and play time" very well! It is also wonderful for mopping the floor:) I am so sorry that you had a mean DR. It sounds like your boss is a wonderful person to have for support. We love and miss you. ~Nancy

Sarah Lou said...

we miss lane too :)