Monday, December 15, 2008

Our New Church

We are so excited to have found Richland Hills Church of Christ.  We are officially members and can't wait to grow and serve here.  Check out the website:  www.rhchurch.org

They have already blessed our family with Young Children's World (preschool for Blake), Women's Bible Study for me, opportunities to serve and give, and wonderful worship and teaching.  

On a funny note, this morning  Nick forgot his computer bag at home (which is kinda bad for him because ALL his work is on his computer...) So I load Blake up in the car (it's like 17 degree wind chill here this morning), load me up (still in my house shoes and pj's) and go to be a good wife and take Nick his laptop.  I haven't splurged on starbucks all year, seriously, so I was going to treat myself to a tall extra hot gingersnap late' for the drive in. But after I've ordered in the drive thru (like I would go in without even having brushed my teeth!) I realized I didn't have my wallet.  It was instant panic, waiting to pull up to the window and be humiliated. I look awful,  haven't washed my face, brushed my teeth or my hair... Just a sweatshirt pulled over my pajamas.  The barista was so sweet, she gave me my late for free!  I fully intend to go again this week, order a late and insist they charge me for two so I can pay them back...but how nice is that??  And my late was delicious :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a nice thing to happen on a morning like that! Ginger Latte sounds wonderful!
~Nancy

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Welcome to RHCC! I found your blog through a Google alert I have for RHCC (I do Marketing and are always curious if anyone is out there saying good or bad things about RHCC on the web). I've been a member there for 16 1/2 years and love the place. We have 3 boys (7, 5, 2) so maybe we'll run into you there. My wife's name is KENDRA VAUGHN (www.kendravaughn.blogspot.com) Blessings!

Ree said...

The kids and I walked to Starbuck's this morning, slipping and sliding thru the cold icy air. It was fun though. My kind of exercise - a delicious treat halfway through!