Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Botanical Gardens

I headed toward Fort Worth yesterday with intentions of going to the zoo (since I have the zoo pass and it's free for us). But instead we went to the botanical gardens. We had never been, oh my goodness it's just beautiful. It was kinda steamy outside but we didn't get rained on! I wish I would've had a better camera than my phone, we'll definately have to go back soon (well maybe when it's a little cooler!) If you travel to Fort Worth, make sure you check them out (http://www.fwbg.org/). Most of it is free, only a few places charge a few bucks to get in, and it's HUGE. We didn't get to see everything, but we'll go back.

Afterward we had lunch with Nick at a little Mexican place called Caro's where their motto is "The only restaurant in town that doesn't use a steam table, microwave, or can opener." Sooo good, and it's home of the Puffy Tostado! (www.caros.biz) It's family owned (you can tell by the owner who's playing with his grandson while you're eating :)

Anyway, here's the only shot from the gardens...


3 comments:

Jodi said...

I love her outfit!

emily anna said...

I love that place... I want to go next time! :)

Jodi said...

I miss you on facebook! Looking forward to having Blake on Sunday! Love you!