Monday, January 28, 2008

Power of a Praying Parent Week 2

Week 2:
Chapter 2 of Power of a Praying Parent speaks about releasing your child/children into God’s hands. This isn’t something that I have felt a personal struggle with, maybe it’s because
I know He is infinitely smarter than I and knows what Blake’s needs are much better than even
I. But if this is something you have a hard time with here are a few things to remember.
God cares even more about your child than you do. He formed them in your womb and knows every hair on their head.
God will make a way for your child. He has a plan and a purpose for their lives. You can trust Him to guide them (and you!) as they seek Him.
“The only way to be sure that God is in control is to surrender our hold and allow Him full access to their lives.” We have to be careful not to pray OUR will for our child, but GOD’s will for them. This is something that I believe I will struggle with. It is easy to pray for what I want for her, but praying for God’s will for her is how our prayers should be directed. Ask God to guide you in this prayer.
“If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!” Matthew 7:11
“Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.” Psalm 127:3
In talking to my Grandma this week she reminded me to not only pray for my child, but for other children as well. That God will honor this selflessness. So take some time this week to pray for the kids other than your own. They can be from church, in your family, or even someone you see at the grocery store.

I hope you all have a great week! I survived my first weekend back to work! Nick did wonderfully, I’m so proud of him and Blake. Here are a few pictures he took while I was gone.





0 comments: