Thursday, March 27, 2008

Power of a Praying Parent

Power of a Praying Parent

Chapter 3

Securing Protection from Harm

Protection from harm can mean so many different things. Protection against illness/disease, against physical or emotional abuse, against bullies in school or violence. Stormy mentions the verse:

“For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you Dash your foot against a stone” Psalm 91:11-12

Pray for Christ to give angels charge over your children, I believe God honors praying the verses in the bible, and I think this is an appropriate verse to pray.

Of course, painful things will happen, but keeping your child covered in prayer will help protect them in the midst of it. It probably wouldn’t hurt to pray for how you may react when something painful does happen. Pray that Christ would give you the courage to turn the situation over to him, to handle it with a calm reassurance, and to have a humble spirit that can accept help from family and friends around you.

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him will I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2

“I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8

Will you join me in praying for Luke, a little guy that has been sick this past week.  Pray for a speedy recovery back to his happy sweet self.  

2 comments:

emily anna said...

Thanks Sarah. I appreciate your prayers. Luke woke up feeling a little better. Thanks for watching Claire yesterday... she talked about you and Blake all afternoon!

Jennie said...

what a timely parental prayer.