Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Advice, please?

Here's the situation. We just joined our local YMCA. Nick and I are both excited about getting in better shape and just being healthier. Working where I do I see the effects first hand of a life lived without any concern for health and wellness. As a perk they have child care right there! Cool, right? Well I thought so too. The first day Blake did excellent, smiling and playing when I dropped her off and when I picked her up. A few days later Nick and I decided to go together when he got off work, but Blake threw a major fit when we dropped her off, so I checked on her 10 min later and the fit had continued. I didn't get to work out that day and we left.

So today I take her and it's just me. I'm thinking it will be better because lets face it, it's easier for her to leave me than me and Nick together. But it's the same thing!!! I was gone about 40 min and they said she was fussy the WHOLE time. She cheered up as soon as I got there and put her in her car seat.

So do I just keep it up and hope she starts to do better? I feel sorry for me, her and the poor child care workers that have to hear her fuss. I really don't want to quit going. I feel like I should give it time and she'll hopefully do better, but what do you guys think??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd continue to test it out for a couple of weeks. I know that it might be hard to do, but try leaving her in small time increments. Let her know before hand that you won't be gone long and when you drop her off remind her that you will return soon. I hope this helps!

Jennie said...

Keep at it mommy. It should get better as she gets used to the place and situation.

Jodi said...

I'd try going at a different time like maybe she'll do better in the morning, if she's fully awake. Bri used to have a hard time later in the day because she was tired.
I'm proud of you for working out!
Not that you need it but it's good for the body :)
Love you!!

Sarah Lou said...

Jodi~you know i'm all about what's good for the body...hehehe :)

Ree said...

I agree, keep trying, just like these ladies said.

Anonymous said...

keep trying! when i worked at the daycare i used to work at...kids would come in fussing all the time! so their mom's would either bring them for small time increments or sometimes (depending on if you think this would be good for blake) mom's would stay with their child for a little while until they were happily playing, then sneak out or say she would be right back and then leave.

but i definitely think you should keep trying, she will probably get better as time passes.

we miss you!

Lindsay said...

hey! ya i would def. keep trying as well.. its like everyone else has said but shes only fussy like that bc its completely different to her. when i was in the toddler room we had a new boy come in and he literally cried from the moment they dropped him off to the time he left for the whole first week, now he loves it there.. theyre just scared and not used to the situation but i disagree with u staying there for a little till shes happy bc that will only make it harder for her once you leave. shes a good smart girl sarah you just need to give her some more time.. love and miss you guys!