Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our trip Home

Though I love Texas, Arkansas is where my family is and therefore will always be home to me. Blake and I spent 5 nights last week in Arkansas visiting family and going to my sister Heather's baby shower. She is having a little girl, Layla Grace, due April 6th.

I was SO nervous about our plane ride this trip. We've flown several times before, but now Blake is a toddler, not just a baby, which completely freaked me out. The trip there was great, the flight was only about half full and we had a whole 3 seats to ourselves....the ride back the flight was FULL and we were holding on for dear life for Dallas Love. But I had my bag full of goodies and treats and we made it with no major mishaps, very few dirty looks from other passengers and the lady next to us even managed a nap! It seems like eons ago I could read a book or take a leisurely nap on an airplane :)

Time with my parents is so precious to me. I try to soak as much as I can in while we're together, watching them play with Blake is such a blessing and knowing that she knows them and is excited to see them is wonderful.

Ok, enough writing, here are the pictures! There are a lot, I'm terrible at editing down.

We were able to attend my grandma's birthday party! 

Me, Grandma Brown, and Blake

My sweet grandma, she's the best.

Grandma got this wagon for her birthday. Blake, Caitlyn and Tyson the dog enjoyed the rides.

Who wouldn't love this face!

Blake doing the pulling

Derek, Mom, Blake and I

My brother and his girlfriend, Dawn.

We gave Blake a spoon and bowl and let her play in the dirt at Nana and Papas, she sat there for probably a good hour!!  How cute are those rain boots!!

Blake saw my Dad picking up rocks so she kept bending down looking for rocks too :)

Blake and her Nana

Heather's Shower

Blake at the shower

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Cute pictures. Looks like you girls had a good time. We missed you.

Jodi said...

I love that dress Blake had on at the shower! I can't wait to see what Heather's baby looks like. I'm sure she will be beautiful!!
Love you!