Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Grandmother's Love

I have an amazing Grandma. I hope I'm just like her someday.  She loves the Lord first and foremost.  She and my Grandpa spent their lives as owners of a sewing machine/vacuum store (since I was alive anyway) but their passion always was in mission work, specifically in Central America.  Since my Grandpa's passing a few years ago I've seen what it looks like to gracefully get back to a "new" life for her.  

This year she decided to make homemade quilts for every person/couple in our family.  A HUGE endeavor and a HUGE labor of love.  She presented these quilts to us on Christmas Day.  It was so special to get to spend Christmas lunch with her and watch everyone open their quilts (and handwritten letters) from Grandma.  

I wanted to brag a little and show off a few of the quilts here... I didn't get a picture of everyone's but here are the ones I did get.


Derek (my brother)



My cousin Ben and his family with Grandma.

Aunt Nita



Aunt Shelia

My Mom and Stepdad


These are only five, but if I'm counting right she made 10 quilts!  I really thought I did better than that at getting a picture of everyone's...

1 comments:

Ree said...

What a beautiful quilter she is! Such a lovely gift, truly priceless. Love seeing this pics, thanks.