Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More or Less?

More - baby name talk.  I think we have a winner and the strange thing is it's not a name we had even talked about before. But we both like it and I'm hoping it's a keeper.  I'm going to give it a few days to make sure it "sticks" then will post for everyone to know.

More - time alone with God.  The sermon and small group lesson we had a church this past weekend was very powerful.  I'm convicted to spend time in complete silence alone with God.  For now I'm doing atleast 5 minutes (timer and all) of quite solitude with God.   It's such a short time and I've been looking forward to it every night.  I've always been so hit and miss with my quiet time and this is holding me accountable.  If I can't give Him 5 minutes am I really showing Him how thankful I am for His son, My family, His sacrifice for me?

More -  reading God's word to Blake.  We are doing a mini quiet time at 7:30 every night. I've set my alarm on my phone so I can't forget.  We read a short story from her Bible and prayer and then go to bed.  Her little Bible is her new comfort item. She wants to take it everywhere she goes (she even sleeps with it.) It's so precious.

More - Big girl bed time!  A few weeks before Christmas we moved Blake to her new room complete with a big girl bed.  She really transitioned easily, except at night she would get up once right after we put her down to be rocked, then would lay down and go to sleep. THEN, she started sneaking in our room aobut 6 every morning. So, to remedy this we put a child safety knob on the inside of her door.  The first time she got to try it out I felt SO bad.  But she just crawled right back up in bed and went to sleep. Sucess!!!  I'm working on getting her room picture ready for the Blog.  My Grandma made her curtains which are now up and we will get her new bedspread/dust ruffle/shams when we get to see her again, THEN I will post pics.  No use in posting the unfinished room :)

More - Quality time with Blake.  I get tons of this already.  But I just want to soak up every minute of it being just us.  I'm excited about this new little one, but all I've ever known is me and her and I want to take in every day of it left. 

More - years married!  January 5th marked Nick and I's 9th wedding anniverary.  It came and went without much hooplah, but that's pretty standard for us.  We had dinner while our family watched Blake and that was that.  Actually Nick was hunting in teen weather on our actually anniversary, but I honestly didn't mind.  I'm so glad we have a marriage where we support each other's "fun" time. 

_-----------------------------------------------------

Less - Time till "New Baby" makes her grand arrival. I'm officially in my 3rd Trimester.  Whoa, it's flown by.  My nausea is but a distant memory but is replaced by back/leg/hip pain and a constant need to feed myself.   I had to go about 2.5 hours without food (including breakfast) on Monday and you would've thought I hadn't eaten in days.  I'm gaining a constant 4-6 pounds wiht each month....but now starts the every 2 week appointments, which is where I really went out of control last pregancy and asked the nice nurse to please stop revealing how much I had gained.  

Less - worry.  Less worry over my house mainly.  For some reason knowing that in less than three months I will be juggling a baby and a todder is making me MUCH less type A about my home.  I honestly consider this a good thing.  I'm enjoying not stressing to clean clean clean during nap time and taking time to enjoy reading and napping myself.  So here are my aplogies for the dog hair and toys all over the house...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
You are such a blessing. I know we don't see each other, but I love reading your blog posts and watching you grow with the Lord. I also think you are a wonderful mom and can't wait to see your love grow with a new little one. Keep it up :)
Love, Nancy

Jennie said...

Love this post Sarah. Lots of good "more"! Enjoyed spending time with you guys last night. I think the name will stick...if you both like it...then it is a keeper! Bring on the monogrammed baby items!

Jodi said...

More Jodi and Bri time should be on your list!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Such a fun post! Can't wait to hear the baby name!!

Ree said...

Still waiting on the baby name...