Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I know I haven't blogged in a while, I guess you could say I'm in a blog rut. I have a lot I want to say, but writers block when it comes to putting in down here in words. There are a lot of you who already know everything I'll post with this blog, but I really like to look back months/years down the road and read this blog as a type of journal, so I want to write it out.

Nick and I spent a romanitc Valentines day in the hospital . I left for work at 6:00 a.m. that Sunday, like always, but by 6:12 I was wrecked on the side of the road in near hysteria. I had slid on a bridge and ended up in a culvert off the road. Poor Nick was sick (we were all sick, actually) but had to pull Blake up out of bed to come help me. I called work to let them know iI wouldn't be in, then went home and slept for about an hour. The rush of emotion left me exhausted. I knew I was still feeling Kate move, so I thought I could just rest and be fine. To be safe we called my doctor (and my aunt who is an L and D RN) and they both said I should go to the hospital just to be safe. So we spent the rest of the day in maternal observation, but it was worth it to know that the baby was pefectly fine and we could all rest easy. Praise God we are all safe and the wreck didn't involve any other cars.

Yesterday I was officially 34 weeks prengant. This is insanity to me. I feel like there is so much more planning, cleaning, nesting I should be doing but just can't make myself, and really can't think of exactly what I should be doing. There are a few big ticket items I need and I think I'm just waiting until the last minute to make those purchases. Baby Kate has a room ready, though it looks exactly the same as when Blake was born. I think it's more that I need to emotionally prepare for having two kids. I'm totally banking on that "your heart grows twice as big" thing because I'm not ready to take any of my love away from Blake. She's the greatest kid I know. She makes me laugh, keeps me busy and entertained and gives me purpose every day. The third trimester discomforts are here now. You know, burning belly, heartburn, leg cramps, aching hips/back, the inability to carry the laundry basket up and down the stairs without getting short of breath. I can handle it, but will definately be glad to be rid of those symptoms once Kate is here.

I'll try to post some pictures soon :)

Love,

Sarah

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Love you! Glad to see you last night! I can't wait for new baby Kate and any room is better than no room so don't stress over that. I think it would be cute if one day her and Blake shared a room and had matching twin beds. But, they'd probably hate that :)
Love you!!!

Ree said...

Kate will not take away from the huge love you have for Blake. Your heart will have a place of it's own for the new love of Kate. The heart always has room for more love, always. I can't wait to meet Kate!