Thursday, March 18, 2010

Toddler Schedule

I follow my friend Jennie's cousin's blog...and she's been doing a series of helpful tips for new Moms. I've really appreciated the advice and it's helped me get back into baby-mode that is fast approaching. I've been too lazy to do my own post about other topics, but I really wanted to help with the schedule theme, mainly because I'm nosy and love to know other people's schedules.  I love to know things like: how much sleep to you get, what time do you get up in the morning, what does your family do for fun in the evenings., what do you feed your kids, how do you discipline and does it work....SO here is my contribution and a very loose interpretation of Blake's schedule.

28 Months Old


(Disclaimer:  until about 3 weeks ago I had the perfect angel sleeper.  Always a goood 11-12 hours at night, but it's really been a struggle the past few weeks.

So I'm going to start with our "middle of the night routine")
Early Morning (I'm talking anywhere from 2:00 am - 5:00 am):  wakes up jiggling her door handle yelling "Mommy's bed!!!"  She has a child safety lock on the inside of her door so she can't get out.  I go to her, usually rock her for about 5 minutes, then lay her back down.  She's awake, but content to go back to bed.  Sometimes she gets up again, and by then my will power is diminished and I let her climb in bed with us.


7:00 or 7:30 Up for the day.  Watch a Dora episode in my bed.


8:00 breakfast (our usuals are:  instant oatmeal (just the plain NO SUGAR kind), eggs and toast, Multigrain cheerios, microwavable pancakes, and some form of fruit...I try to keep bananas, strawberries, grapefruit and pears around all the time.)


8:30  I take a shower, if she wants/needs to she takes one with me.  I get clean first, then wash her up, then put the stopper in so she can play while I get ready.  


9:30  Time with friends, grocery shopping, go for a walk.


11:30  Read books on the couch


12:15 Lunch (our usuals are:  PB and J or Nutella sandwhich, turkey hot dogs, chicken nuggets grilled cheese, or leftover dinner stuff like spaghetti/chicken/etc.  I try to serve atleast one vegetable with lunch, like broccoli and cheese or sweet potatoes.)


1:00 Nap and cup of warmed milk.


3:00 Up from nap, change diaper, watch another Dora to wake up.


3:30 Chores around the house, do laundry, empty dishwasher, plan dinner


4:30  Go visit our neighbor, run errands and we "share" a yogurt every single day.  


5:00 Cook dinner


6:00 Nick's home and we eat/clean up dishes and kitchen.

7:00 Family play time.  We play upstairs on our bed, or play with toys or take B outside to swing/walk/anything active.


8:00 Prayers, bible story, warm milk and usually an easy walk up to bed. 


We don't do a lot of snacking, mainly because if Blake eats snacks she won't eat meals. I do almost always give her a treat if she eats a good lunch or dinner. Lately this has been one thin-mint girlscout cookie, but I also do pudidng cups or jello cups or yogurt.


So there ya have it, nothing too exciting, but it's our day!  

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds like a great day to me! Wait till you throw another little girl in there :) Love you!