Thursday, November 4, 2010

All Things Halloween

True confession, I've never really liked Halloween. But having kids kind of pushes you into all things holiday, even holidays like Halloween. And after this year I've decided I really do like the cutesy dress up and carving pumpkins...I just REALLY don't like kids dressing up like monsters and vampires and SUPER scary costumes and totally freaking my 2 year old out. Nick was embarassed this year when I would stop kids from coming up to our bench we had set up in the drive way if their costume was too scary. I'm sorry, I would just rather be a little rude than my daughter be subjected to you looking like a zombie.


I've never liked anything scary, Nick makes me close my eyes during lots of scary movie commercials because for some reason scary things just "stick" in my mind and I end up thinking about them again and again.



All that to said, we really did have a great time this year.
We hosted our second annual Pizza Pumpkins and Pals event at our house.


We set up a tarp in the driveway and got to work!



Heather entertaining Kate for me.
Us working hard on our pumpkins




Blake with a sharp object




Bri with a sharp knife, maybe I should plan a little better with the carving tools next year.







Griffin and Chad scooping out the pumpkin guts.




Nick and Blake showing off their pumpkin

The kids with their pumpkins, Baus was still working on Lex's Swiper, so she had to have a stand in pumpkin.

Baus, Lexi, Nick and Blake












1 comments:

Ree said...

What fun and what stinkin' cute kiddos! I agree, I don't care for Halloween either but with kids, we always participated. Last year was the first time I let one of my kids dress scary (Julia was a zombie prom-goer) and it kinda freaked me out. Never felt quite right about it. Oh well, now they are too old for Trick-or-treating. Sad.