Thursday, November 18, 2010

November 13, 2010
My crazy, fun, 3 year old Blake. Today you turn 3 years old. We had a Dora themed birthday party for you at a nearby park. All your best friends were there (Lexi, Lane, Claire, Luke, Griffin, Bri). You had SO much fun. I’ll say it again, I can’t believe you are three. You have changed SO much this year. You are a better big sister than I could have dreamed. You love your little Kater more than anything. The other day at church a woman asked if I could help her with her grandaughter’s carseat, so I had her hold Kate for just a second. You were so sad because you thought she was taking Kate with her. You are the first to let me know she is crying or she wants a bottle. You both light up each time you see each other. I pray that this love you two share will continue and grow as you both grow older. What a gift God has given each of you with a sister.

I think you are really starting to understand why we love Jesus in our house. We had a special children’s offering at church this week. You saved up change in a milk jug (aka Jesus Jug) and took it to the front of the church as an offering. Daddy and I were so proud of you. Then this past week you’ve re-inacted that scene over and over in pretend fashion. I hope you always have a heart that wants to give to our Jesus and the people he loves.

Some things you enjoy right now are: PLAYDOH!!! You would play all day every day. Your favorite is for me or Daddy to sit down and play playdoh with you (though we have to try to keep Kate from eating it!)

You love our neighbor, Vern. For some reason you call him “Bern”, pronouncing your “V” with a “B”. He has a cat, Chevy, that you call “Cheby”. You mostly love Vern because he brings you a bag of sugary candy every time he sees you!

You know almost all of your ABC’s by sight. You know how to spell your name and it’s so funny because you think everywhere there is a “B” like on a billboard or sign that it is for your name. You yell out “Hey MOMMY, look it’s a “B” for me!!”

You LOVE to talk. There is never a dull moment in our house because you fill it with your entertaining commentary.

You go to the preschool at church two days a week. You get to learn so many new things and do fun crafts.

Your favorite show right now is the Little Rascals, you love getting to watch a few minutes before you go to bed each night. And of course you are still a Dora fan.
Your favorite food by far is peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches.
Even at three years old you love all things Drama  . If anyone around you is talking about someone getting in trouble you want to know ALL about it. Then bring it up in conversation for weeks.

My prayer for you is that you grow up knowing our Lord Jesus. I strive to set an example for you and show you every day what it means to live with love in your heart. I pray you would always be amazed at what HE has done for you and how much he has provided for you. I am not always a perfect Mom. I hope you forgive where I need it. But I love you more than life itself…and I will always do all I can for you.

I love you my sweet, crazy three year old.
Love,
Mommy

0 comments: