Thursday, November 4, 2010

Greater Things

Our church is doing a campaign right now entitiled Greater Things and it's really calling me to find ways in my life to do just that, find Greater Things.

For now, what I need to do is say good bye to facebook.

Is it going to be hard? YES
Do I really want to give it up? NO
Is it going to free up time to help me grow in my relationship with Christ, with my family, and with friends? YES YES YES.

Some people can control their "facebooking" but I've found recently I'm just not one that can. I spend entirely too much time...really doing nothing....and end up feeling bad about myself when I start comparing my life to others. When in reality I'm so happy with the life God has graciously blessed me with and am usually a confident person. I even found myself judging and labeling others all based on snippets I see that people chose to post about themselves and their lives.

I want to be free from comparison, I want to live a life of authenticity, I definately DO NOT want to stand in any kind of judgement of others and for now, that means no facebook.

I'm not saying I'll never ever go to facebook again. If I know of super cute pictures of my sweet neices that I won't get to see unless I log on, you can bet I'm not going to miss it. But I will not have a regular habit of logging on.

The good news is when I see you in person we'll have something to talk about, because I won't have already known everything going on in your life :) I truely look forward to that.

God is good and I'm excited to see ways He may chose to bless my life through this.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Welcome to the club! :) I'm number 26 in line for mockingjay at the library so I think i'll borrow your kindle tonight.
Love you!