Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Barker Family Vacation

Most often, our "vacations" are spent in Arkansas visiting our family....which is so fun for us. 
But this year I wanted to make sure and get a quick trip somewhere just our family of four.
So I found the closest city to a beach and booked a trip!
Galveston! Yay!  No, Galveston is not luxurious, or beautiful, BUT it has a beach! We were in!

We stayed three nights and had so much fun just being together.
Blake is so much like her Daddy, if you ask her her favorite part of the trip she will tell you "the hotel!!!".
I think having us all four in a such a small space was like heaven for her.  She got to sleep with us (even though there were two beds) and play non stop with Mommy, Daddy and Kate. 
Once I asked,"Should we go to the pool or the beach?" to which she replied "Can we just go to our hotel?"

And though Kate had a fantastic time playing, she did not do very well sleeping.
Kate is the best little sleeper you've ever met, IF she is in her own bed with the fan on and the door closed. 
She had a crib in our hotel room, and the room was even big enough to where she couldn't directly see us, but she still had a rough time sleeping. 

So....I know you don't care about me explaining everything, you want pictures...so here ya go :)

Our day at Moody Gardens was so much fun! We went to the Rainforest pyramid and saw a Dora 4D movie. 




(sidenote: this monkey was 2 feet from me. They weren't caged in, but stayed in their "area".  So cool)



 (sidenote: have you ever seen a more beautiful baby, I bet not.)
stopping to smell the roses


This is the absolute best one of these two.....fail.


so sweet

i think he's praising Jesus, how about you?  I feel this way daily.
this picture really touches my heart. she walked right up to the statue with this intense look on her face and just touched the Mommy.  Love love love.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

I love how different Kate and Blake look but they are both soooo beautiful!